August 16, 2009

I had a dream the other night that affected me so deeply it's been on my mind ever since. Immediately after I woke up I said I was going to blog about it to share it with my peeps. But then I had second thoughts and decided to wait and see before I shared it. Anyway, here goes.

It took place in some kind of auditorium in an office building. It was clear to me that it was the end of the world. Jesus had come and we were being separated into those who believe and those who don't.

Those who believe were being reunited with family and it was a very jubilant feeling. I remember making sure I had all my family nearby. We were celebrating and rejoicing in the realization that this is it, the moment we've been waiting for!

Those who don't believe were being sent to the lowest level, which reminded me of an orchestra pit. Not exactly a lower floor, but lower than we were. They were being packed in like sardines, and immediately their faces became gray and squalid. They were watching us all celebrate and the looks on their faces just said, "why didn't you help me?" They were crying, and some started fighting with each other. But their faces will not leave my memory. They almost looked like goblins.

As we would walk by, I had the fear that one of them would grab one of my children, or they would fall in. I was constantly making sure I had my children safe with me. It was a very bitter-sweet feeling, rejoicing with my family, but grieving for those who are lost.

I wanted to share this so that I could present the question: if this were reality, do you know which group of people you would end up with? Would you be rejoicing, or would you be grieving?

Those who were rejoicing were believers in Jesus Christ and had accepted Him as their Lord and Savior? The Bible tells us, "for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God" (Romans 3:23) but that "God so loved the world, he sent his only Son, so that whoever believes in Him will not perish but have everlasting life." (John 3:16)

Do you have positive confirmation that if Jesus were to return today for his faithful, that you would be included? Or would you be left behind?

If you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that he died for your sins so that you might have everlasting life, and you would like to give your life over to Him, then all you have to do is simply pray. Talk to God, tell him you love Him and you believe in his Son, and ask him to come into your life. It's that simple! Done and done! No matter your past, the gift of salvation is offered to ALL!!

I pray that you will make this decision, because I would hate for you to miss out!

Thanks for reading!

No comments: