June 2, 2011

Summertime



It's so hard planning for summer, isn't it? The perpetual phrase, "I'm bored", is constantly nagging like an itch that travels under your skin.

This week begins our official summer break! I will be watching two kids in addition to my own, so I've been trying to think of things we could do to keep it fun and busy.

We have this awesome water park right up the street from our house that is free for people who live in this area. It's so much fun! So two days a week we will be spending time there.


On Mondays we'll be at another splash pad in the area that is basically a place where the kids run around in some souped up sprinklers.

Friday is our library day, so we'll keep up that tradition. I'm thinking maybe movie day on Wednesdays, with a walk to the park in the mornings, but I haven't decided yet.


I'm also still trying to figure out fun things to do for the times we're at home. It's too hot to just go outside and play, except for first thing in the morning. I've got to come up with some games and activities we can do.

Hopefully the things I have planned will be enough to keep it interesting and fun!

No comments: